an interactive novel about identity, roleplay, and dreams
Enter the memories of Raine as she explores the text-based world of VerdaMUCK, a simulation of the old network within the vast cerebrally-interconnected network of the near future. Meanwhile, a mysterious individual known only as The Navigator exposes the truths of the Cerenet as a conspiracy-in-the-making begins to unfold.
- An interactive reading experience split between two character perspectives
- Between 4-6 hours of play, depending on reading ability
- Full soundtrack written by Lena Raine
- Additional music by Christa Lee
- Original art by Dataerase
- Immersive sound design by 2 Mello
- Computer running Windows or MacOS
Writing, Design, Programming, Music
Maddison Morgenstern (Dataerase)
- Game runs at 2x speed on 120hz monitors. This is a bug with the engine & will be fixed as soon as GameMaker Studio 2 updates to fix it.
- Switching between Fullscreen & Windowed can cause shaders to apply incorrectly.
- Fix: Restart game with intended screen mode for shaders to apply correctly.
- Some laptops may run at a slower-than-intended speed.
- Resolutions lower than 1920x1080 may scale oddly at full screen.
- Fix: Try running windowed & manually scaling until it improves.